Fall Seed Planting Class
When: Sunday August 26th 1:00 PM – 3:00 PM
Where: Green Tiger Garden, 16821 Blackie Rd, Prunedale, California.
Fee: $5.00 materials fee requested
Contact: phone: 831-229-0788
message : html://www.facebook.com/greentigergarden
Learn how to:
- Save seeds
- Make your own bio-degradable seed starting pots from recycled materials
- Germinate veggie seeds for your garden
- Care for and transplant to your garden/containers
- See some alternative planting ideas
- Your hand made seed pots with planted seeds.
- After class, participants will receive a 20% discount on plant purchases from the nursery on this day.
- Pot material, planting mix, and seeds provided, (or you can bring your own seeds to start).
It’s August already! By the calendar of my Celtic ancestors the fall season has begun.
It is not just a time of harvest however; now is the time to begin planning for your autumn/winter garden, and to start sowing seeds towards the next harvest!
Whether you have a garden to grow in or just a small space with no ground at all, (a porch or balcony), you can enjoy a wealth of delicious, nutritious, fall and winter veggies.
Harvesting your own veggies from even the smallest space is hugely rewarding and many leaf crops actually taste better with winter chill! Also a garden or pots with brightly colored leaves can brighten even the gloomiest of winter days. You may be surprised by how many different foods you can grow here in our Mediterranean, central coast, paradise climate all winter long into spring!
Limited space so register today!